I've officially left sewing for Kish behind and have started making my own dolls! I'm working on making likenesses so that someday I can specialize in portrait dolls. I've been working on these two heads for a couple weeks.
The eyes will get cleaned up in the sanding phase. Today I made plaster molds for these two plus another (I added ears first!) Tomorrow I'll make paperclay impressions and start refining by sanding. I'll do that for as long as I can stand it (!) and then make another set of molds to use for the dolls. I hope to do nine heads by this time next year, but we'll just see how it goes.