Monday, May 6, 2013

New Directions

I always feel like I need pictures in order to post on my blog, so here are some pictures:




I think the dressed doll looks a little funny. She was the last one I got because I couldn't decide if I liked her or not. I'm still not sure about her.

I have a new business plan that might actually bring in money. I'm going to start making patterns of my doll clothes to sell, and I will also sell fabric that I have dyed. Well, I will offer to sell. I don't know if they will actually sell or not. I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself. I've written out instructions for the undergarment and I want to follow them while making one to make sure it works. Although I do have a pattern tester ready. I also want to redesign the shoes and do instructions for them. Hat, too? Maybe. Let's not try to do too much at once.

About the pattern testing. I'm planning to provide all the supplies. Should I pay her and keep the dress, or should I not pay and let her keep the dress because the supplies have value. Or should I pay her and let her keep the dress. I just don't know. Do I even need a tester? Does Magalie Dawson have pattern testers? Maybe I should ask.

I have other plans, too, but I'm keeping them secret for a little while because it is such an amazing idea!!

The photos show my latest outfit, the sweater is made from a Becky Colvin pattern. The third shows all my 14" girls in underwear! Yay! The fourth photo shows my crazy small knitted socks. Two at a time magic loop doll socks. Go me.

2 comments:

  1. Really sweet...the little socks are adorable:)

    I once tested an on line cloth doll class for a pattern designer and I used my own materials. I didn't get paid to do it because I got the class free and the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary Ann. I did ask Magalie, and she says she doesn't use a tester. I think I'll just have the first one tested. See how it goes.

      Delete