Saturday, May 25, 2013

The creative juices are flowing!

I have felt so inspired to create lately, and I'm afraid I have totally let Facebook go. I just can't seem to justify taking time away from my work to look back at all the posts I've missed, but I do want to document my feelings and efforts right now. So here I am!

I am designing my first sweater right now! I'm very excite about it! It certainly needs some tweaking, but I'm working on it. It's just so fun to have a base to at least work from and to make changes to. It's a cabled dream, cables everywhere! I tried one that didn't work at all and I'm just continuing to see what final size I need. I want to know how much yarn it take to make a sweater, so that I dye the right amount for each ball. I wound off 200 yards to start of, and it looks like it isn't going to be enough. When I use up what I have, I'll wind off another 100. I don't want to waste yarn but at the same time, I want there to be plenty to make a sweater.

Anyway, I chose three color palettes tonight! I'll get my first yarn dyes next week, and once I figure out how much yarn to use, I can start dyeing! Soooo excited!

I've got a good start on a design for the dress to go with it, too. It's still in development in my head, lol.

Great day at the knit store today, and later today is a one shop yarn crawl! I love my knitting friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment