Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My Old Friend

I've been alternating piano and Jane Austen today and it's been wonderful! What a perfect day! I'm going to buy some hard to find music tomorrow for my someday stack of music, music that was accessible to me on my other instruments that I hope to someday play on piano. I hope I can stick with it this time. I was quite advanced on woodwinds and I know if I just stick with it, I'll have that fluency with piano, too, and nothing feels as good as that, having the vast repertoire of piano at my fingertips.

But today I'm playing level four, lol.

2 comments:

  1. I think your meticulousness and attention to detail will be your guide on the piano and you're right about the treasury of music. I think you'll get a lot of pleasure and peace from the piano

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend who is a super awesome piano player, the kind of like to be, and he is super not interested in any sort of lesson giving whatsoever. I would prefer to study on my own, at my own pace, without any deadline pressure or competition, and play for Tom maybe once a month for ten minutes to spot terribly wrong technique. And then reward him with dinner drinks and desserts. I'm worried about learning bad habits that will keep me from attaining what I want to have.

      I'm going to call Tom tomorrow and see if he will give in.

      Delete