Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lace 9

I finished lesson 9 ahead of schedule! I will spend that extra day reading, tatting, and working on the doll. This is as far as I got in the book when I worked in it before. I think this is a pretty pattern and I worked 35 inches of it before. Now I just want to move through the book, so I'm not doing any extra.


I am slowly learning how to start and end on the square. The instructions for doing this are not very helpful. The next lace pattern has a beginning and an end, but on the next lesson, I will chart out the endings and maybe I'll get it right.

For the sake of completeness, here are lessons 1-8. You can see how it started out very simple and has steadily increased in techniques.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! You have no idea how in awe I am of your lacemaking. The skill and care and sheer dedication you must put in to make these exquisite pieces. And from a book! The lace is truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! Especially for not seeing my mistakes!

      Delete